Thursday, January 22, 2009

Slow to Anger...Bible study for 9-12 year olds

The thoughts for this study began flooding my mind during church one cold winter morning. My friend, Jerry, spoke up during prayer request time and said, "Please pray for me. I struggle with anger and I need to get it under control." His prayer request went beyond the safe, "please pray for my grandmother" type of prayer request. Jerry's prayer request was one that was vulnerable. One that reveals a very deep, very personal need.

As I thought over his comments, I realized how many times I do not control my anger. However, I love to portray to the world that I have everything under control~my anger included! I allowed my pride to hold on to my anger issues.

The LORD is merciful and gracious and allowed me to have to chew on some of Solomon's wisdom in the book of Proverbs. While I learned much, writing this particular Bible study was difficult for me because I was faced with my own ugliness. Not only do I struggle with anger at times. I also struggle with pride. Ouch!

I am thankful to Jerry for reminding me to be vulnerable and for reminding me to be willing to allow God to change me from the inside out. Thanks!!

This is a 10 day Bible study.


Slow to Anger

No comments:

Post a Comment