Saturday, March 21, 2009

yummy Easter treat...

My friend, Lois, just gave me this great Easter treat recipe. Apparently, this has been an Easter morning tradition in their home for many years. Her 3 girls are teens now and still want to have "Empty Tombs" on Easter morning for breakfast. I think this may become an Easter tradition in my home starting this year!

EMPTY TOMBS
1 pkg of jumbo marshmallows
1 pkg of frozen dinner rolls, thawed
melted butter
cinnamon & sugar mixture

Wrap a thawed dinner roll amount of dough around a marshmallow. Shape into a ball. Roll in butter and then in the cinnamon & sugar mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet. Make as many as you need for breakfast. Bake according to the directions for the dinner rolls.

When you remove them from the oven and break them open, they will have a hollow center and will be "empty" just as the tomb was on Resurrection Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. My apologies if this goes through twice, not all blogs let me leave coments when I am FF so I just switched to IE. :)
    I think my family will enjoy making these treats this Easter, thank you for sharing.
    I also would like to thank you for posting your bible studies, you have given me some 'food for thought' just when I needed it most. I pray God continues to bless you and your family in His loving ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping in to let you know that the empty tombs were a huge success. They are being filed into my permanent recipe collection under R for resurrection rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cool Ill have to try these :) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete